bhava sannuta nAdaghamenta ghanIbhavamOShow Details
|O Lord praised by Lord Siva! How hardened should be my sins!|
bhava nIradhi tAraka suguNa nAk-Show Details
abhayamiyyanu tOcanandukabja (bhava)
|O Lord who carries across the ocean of Worldly Existence! O Virtuous One! in order that it did not occur to You to give me refuge, O Lord praised by Brahma – abiding in Lotus! how hardened should be my sins!|
1. pApa haraNa zrI raghuvara madhurA-Show Details
lApa dIna jana dhana pAvana nI
1prApu kaluga kOri dorakani
paritApamu kani manasu karagananduku (bhava)
2. karuNAkara nI caraNamu zilanu
vara nAriga jEsinadi gAkanu
2zaramasuruni kAcenE nIku nA
duritamulanu pOgoTTi brOcuTaku (bhava)
3. ivvidhamunanuNDu nanu jUci
yauvana garvamu miJcina narulu
navvagAnu rOsamEla rAdO-
yevvari tODanu 3vinnavintunu 4rAdani (bhava)
4. I janmamunanu mOsa pOkanu
nI japamulaku vighAtamaina bhava
vyAjamulellanu rOsina tyAga-
rAjuni paini daya rAnanduku (bhava)
|1. O Lord who destroys sins! O Lord Sri Raghuvara! O Lord who utters sweet words! O Wealth of humble people! O Holy One! in order that Your heart would not melt seeing my pitiable condition of not getting Your support sought by me, O Lord praised by Lord Siva! how hardened should be my sins!|
2. O Merciful Lord! Your holy feet turned a stone into a blessed woman (Ahalya); further, isn’t it that Your arrow spared a demon? in order that You could protect me by driving away my sins, (I do not know) O Lord praised by Lord Siva! how hardened are my sins!
3. Why wouldn’t You feel indignant when persons, conceited by their youth, laugh at me looking at the condition I am in? with whom shall I appeal that You would not feel indignant?
4. In order that Your grace would not come on this Thyagaraja who – without being deceived in this birth, has avoided all such pretexts or excuses of this World which are impediments for chanting Your names, O Lord praised by Lord Siva! how hardened should be my sins!
- 1prApu – dApu
- 3vinnavintunu – vinnavintu
- 2zaramu asuruni kAcenE – This may refer to crow demon who was saved from death by Sri Rama or it may refer to MarIcha who was not killed by the arrows of Sri Rama at the time when he was protecting Yaga of sage Visvamitra.
- 4rAdani – this refers to ‘rOsamu rAdO’.