enta rAni tanakenta pOni nIShow Details
1centa viDuva jAla zrI rAma2
|O Lord Sri Rama! Come what may – may whatever come to me or may whatever go – I shall never leave Your proximity.|
3antakAri nI centa jEriShow Details
hanumantuDai koluva lEdA (enta)
|Didn’t Lord Siva – Enemy of Lord of Death – coming near You serve as Anjaneya? |
1. 4zESuDu zivuniki bhUSuDu lakSmaNaShow Details
vESiyai koluva lEdA (enta)
2. ziSTuDu mauni variSTuDu goppa
vasiSThuDu 5hituDugA lEdA (enta)
3. nara vara nIkai 6sura gaNamulu
vAnarulai 7koluvaga lEdA (enta)
4. AgamOktamagu nI guNamulu zrI
tyAgarAju pADaga lEdA (enta)
|1. Didn’t the serpent SEsha – the ornament of Lord Siva – serve You donning the garb of Lakshmana?|
2. Didn’t the great Vasishtha – the eminent and the senior-most of sages – remain as your benafactor (or family priest)?
3. O Best of men! Didn’t the hordes of celestials serve You by becoming monkeys for Your sake?
4. Isn’t tyAgaraja singing Your virtues proclaimed in the Sastras?
- 1centa – cinta : centa is the appropriate word.
- 2zrI rAma - not given in some books.
- 7koluvaga – koluva
- 3antakAri hanumantuDai – In the Kriti Ada modi galada, Sri Thyagaraja states that Anjaneya is an aspect of Siva (zaMkarAMzuDu). However in this Kriti, he states that Siva himself taken the form of Anjaneya. The story how Anjaneya came to be described as an aspect of Lord Siva is given in [Hanuman]
- 6sura gaNamulu vAnarulai – Please refer to Srimad Valmiki Ramayana – Bala Kanda – Chapter 17 for complete details.
- 4zESuDu zivuniki bhUSuDu – zESa also known as ‘ananta’ is stated to be the couch of Vishnu, the snake around the neck of Siva, the ring in the finger of Uma and the arm-bracelet of Vinayaka.
- 5hituDu - sage Vasishtha was the family priest of King Dasaratha and then for Sri Rama. The family priest is called ‘purO-hita’. Therefore, Sri Thyagaraja uses the word ‘hita’ to mean ‘benefactor’ and also ‘family priest’.
Some renditions of enta rAni are available here: