Evaru Theliya Poyyeru
evaru teliya poyyEru nI mahimaluShow Details
|Whoever has understood Your greatness!|
bhuvilO 1varamau nAga puramuna kanugoNTiShow Details
lava lEzamainanu 2nIlAyatAkSi sAmarthyam(evaru)
|Whoever has understood the capability of Mother Neelayatakshi! but I beheld, atleast for a fraction of time, in this World in the sacred town of Nagappattinam. |
1. karagu baGgAru valva kaTTi nirjara taruShow Details
virulanu koppu niNDa juTTi sogasu mIra
karamuna cilukanu paTTi adiyu gAka
3haruni aTTiTTADiJcinaTTi nI lIlalanu (evaru)
2. hari brahmAdulu ninnu kolvan4A vELa sura
viri bONulandamutO nilvan5amara vAra
taruNulu nATyamucE kolvananniyu jUci
karuNA rasamu jilki pilvanaTTi nI dayan(evaru)
3. nAga bhUSaNuniki rANivaina ninnu
6vinA gatiyevaru nIla vENi 7bhaktula pAli
bhAgadhEyamaina zarvANi santatamunu
tyAgarAju palkina vANi 8priyamaina ninn(everu)
|1. Whoever has understood Your kind of sports of – (a) wearing garment of pure gold (or golden hued), (b) tying Parijata – celestial tree – flowers fully in the chignon, (c) holding parrot in the hand with exceeding elegance, and (d) making Siva dance hither and thither! |
2. Whosoever has understood Your kind of compassion which You show – (a) as Vishnu and Brahma and others extol You, (b) as, at that time, the celestial women stand with charm, (c) as the celestial dancing girls extol with dancing - having seen all these, calling (all of) them by shedding nectar of compassion!
3. O Mother with dark hair who is the Consort of Lord Siva – one who wears snakes as ornaments! who is refuge (to the devotees) other than You? O spouse of Lord Siva who is the fortune of devotees! whosoever has understood You to whom the words uttered by this Thyagaraja are always dear!
- 1varamau – vAramu : varamau - is appropriate.
- 4A vELa sura – A vELanu
- 5amara vAra – amara vara : amara vAra - is appropriate.
- 6ninnu vinA gati – ninnu vinAga
- 7bhaktula pAli – bhaktula
- 8priyamaina ninnu – priyamainaTTi
- 3haruni aTTiTTADiJci –This may refer to competition between Siva and Parvathi on the question of who is greater, Siva or Sakti. [Dance of Siva]
- This may also refer to the period of courtship of Siva and Uma before birth of Karthikeya. In this regard, please refer to Srimad Valmiki Ramayana – Bala Kanda – Chapter 36 - the courtship lasted for 100 divine years equivalent to 36,000 human years.
- 2nIlAyAtAkSi – name of Parvathi at Nagapuram (Nagappattinam).