- Follow the naming conventions.
- There is no need to provide the meaning for all the words.
- Especially, avoid it for commonly used words that are well understood. E.g., pUjA, mAlA
- If a word is repeated, gloss only the first occurrence.
- If a translation is also available, leave at least one word in each line unglossed. This leaves the reader with a small mental exercise to compare the text with the translation and guess the meaning of that word.
- To the extent possible, aim for a one-one correspondence between each line of the text and the translation.
- Keep the translation simple. If any part requires an elaborate explanation, place the explanation in the Commentary section and link it with a superscript from the translation.