vAsudEvayani veDalinayI dauvArikuni kanarEShow Details
|Take a look at this gate-keeper who proceeded chanting ‘Vasudeva’.|
vAsavAdi sura pUjituDaiShow Details
vArija nayanuni madini talacucunu (vAsu)
|Take a look at this gate-keeper who proceeded chanting ‘Vasudeva’, thinking in his mind of the Lotus Eyed Lord Vasudeva – who is worshipped by Indra and other celestials. |
1. nIru kAvi dOvatulanu kaTTiShow Details
niTalamunanu zrI cUrNamu peTTi
sAri veDaliyI sabhalO juTTi
sAreku baGgaru kOlanu paTTi (vAsu)
2. mATi mATikini mIsamu duvvi
manmatha rUpuDu tAnani krovvi
dATi dATi paDucunu tAn-
ivvidhambuna palukucu paka paka navvi (vAsu)
3. bAgu mIra naTanamu sEyucunu
patita pAvanuni tA vEDucunu
rAga tALa gatulanu pADucunu
tyAgarAja san-nutuni pogaDucunu (vAsu)
|1. Take a look at this gate-keeper who proceeded, chanting ‘Vasudeva’, wearing ochre dhoti, sporting the auspicious red mark on his fore-head, going again and again round the assembly, always holding golden staff. |
2. Take a look at this gate-keeper who proceeded chanting ‘Vasudeva’, every now and then stroking his moustache in pride, feeling proud as if he is of the form of cupid, hopping and jumping, mimicking that this way is he, and laughing heartily.
3. Take a look at this gate-keeper who proceeded chanting ‘Vasudeva’, dancing very charmingly, he praying to Lord Hari - the redeemer of the fallen, singing to Raga, Tala and Gati and extolling the Lord - well-praised by Thyagaraja.
- This kRti forms part of the dance-drama 'Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam'
- Background of the Kriti - After Prahlada is dropped into the sea by the men of Hiranya Kasipu, he is saved by Lord Varuna. The King (Varuna) orders for decoration of the city for bringing Prahlada in procession. The King's servant after decorating the city, comes to the drama stage and enquires with the Sutradhari - stage manager about the purpose of the drama and other details.
|Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam (Drama) of Tyagaraja|