Revision as of 02:46, 26 September 2010 by Karthik
entanucu varNintunEyIShow Details
indirA ramaNuni nEn(enta)
|How much shall I describe the Lord Hari - beloved of Lakshmi!|
santatamu nammu sajjanula-Show Details
yAsanta tIrcu 1vasanta su-kumAruni (enta)
|How much shall I describe Lord Hari - the handsome Youth - who fulfills all the wishes of the pious people who ever trust Him?|
1. merugu baGgaru cElamiravonda mariyuShow Details
nUpuramulu ghallanaga bhaktula kani
karuNAmRtamu callaga yOgula
2daharamulu jhallanaga vEJcEsina (enta)
2. tilakamu celagaga jalajAkSuDilanu
kadalu ThIvi vinipimpaga tumburu
nAradulu kani nutiyimpaga surulu
sumamula vAna kuriyimpaga vEJcEsina (enta)
3. ghana nIlamunu kEru tanuvupai punugu
candanamu parimaLimpaga bAgu-
yuramuna muktA maNulADaga tyAgarAju
kani cElAgiyyaga vEJcEsina (enta)
|1. How much shall I describe Lord Hari who comes – (a) as glittering golden garments fitting nicely, and (b) as His anklets jingle, (c) as He sheds nectar of compassion looking at the devotees, and (d) as the hearts of the ascetics palpitate! |
2. (a) As the splendour of the movement, of Lord Hari - Lotus Eyed - on the Earth with the auspicious mark on His forehead shining, is heard, (b) as Tumburu – the chief of celestial musicians – and Narada extol beholding Him, and (c) as the celestials send forth shower of flowers, how much shall I describe the Lord who comes!
3. How much shall I describe Lord Hari who comes – (a) as musk (mixed) sandal paste, on the body (the splendour of which) (that) ridicules dark-blue hue of rain-cloud, exudes fragrance, (b) as pearl necklaces sway on the broad chest, and (c) as He lends a (helping) hand to Thyagaraja on seeing him!
- This kriti forms part of dance-drama 'Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam' . The arrival of Lord Hari to see Prahlada is described in the song.
- 1vasanta su-kumAruni – vasanta kumAruni
- 2daharamulu jhallanaga – daharamulu ghallanaga - daharamulu callanaga : daharamulu jhallanaga - seems to be appropriate.
|Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam (Drama) of Tyagaraja|