Enduku Daya Radura
enduku daya rAdurA zrI rAmacandra nIk(enduku)Show Details
|O Lord Sri Ramachandra! Why you wouldn’t have compassion on me? |
sandaDiyani maracitivO indu lEvO nIk(enduku)Show Details
|Have you forgotten (my pleas) to be noise (OR have you forgotten me in the crowd) or is it that You are not here? why wouldn’t you have compassion on me? |
1. sAreku 1dur-viSaya sAramanubhaviJcuShow Details
vAri celimi sEya nEraga mEnu
zrI rAma sagamAyenu jUci jUci
nIraja daLa nayana nirmalApaghana nIk(enduku)
2.tIrani bhava nIradhi AraDi sairimpa
nEraga 2bhayamondaga 3paGkaja patra
nIru vidhamallADaga 4iTTi nanu jUci
nIradAbha zarIra nirupama zUra nIk(enduku)
3. jAgEla idi samayamu kAdu jEsitE-
E gati palukavayya 5zrI rAma
nIvE kAni dari lEdayya dIna zaraNya
tyAgarAja vinuta tAraka carita nIk(enduku)
|1. Because I often happened to have the friendship of those who enjoy the essence evilsome sense-objects, O Lord Sri Rama! my body has emaciated; even after looking at me repeatedly, O Lotus petal Eyed! O Pure bodied! why wouldn’t you have compassion on me? |
2. As I happened to endure the onslaught of never-ending ocean of Worldly Existence, and, therefore, am frightened, while I am tossed about like water droplet on the Lotus leaf, even after looking at me in such a state, O Lord whose body resembles the thunder-cloud! O Incomparable Hero! why wouldn’t You have compassion on me?
3. Why this delay or hesitation? this is not the appropriate time to delay or hesitate; if You do so, O Lord Sri Rama! tell me where is the refuge? O Lord! I have no refuge but for You, O Refuge of humble people! O Lord praised by this Thyagaraja! O Lord who has a history enabling fording the ocean of Worldly Existence! why wouldn’t You have compassion on me?
- General – Charanas 1,2 are interchanged in some books.
- 1durviSaya sAra – duriviSaya sAgara
- 2bhayamondaga – bhayamandaga
- 3paGkaja patra nIru vidhamu –paGkaja patra nIra vidhi : paGkaja patra nIru vidhamu - is appropriate.
- 4iTTu nanu jUci – In some books, this is given as part of Charana 1.
- 5zrI rAma – zrI rAmacandra