Evarura ninu vina
evarurA ninu vinA gati mAkuShow Details
|Who is refuge for us other than You? |
savana rakSaka1 nityOtsava sItApati (yevaru)Show Details
|O Protector of the yajna! Eternal joy for devotees! O Consort of Sita!|
rAdA nAdupai nI dayaShow Details
vina rAdA mura-vairi kAdA
daya palka rAdAyidi mariyAdA
nAtO vAdamA nE bhEdamA mAku (yevaru)
|Won’t Your grace descend on me? |
Won’t You listen? Aren’t You Demon Mura's enemy?
Can’t You speak with compassion? Is this honourable for You?
Why this dispute with me? Am I different from You?
rAka2 nannEca nyAyamAShow Details
parAkA nEnaNTE hEyamA rAma
rAkA zazi mukha nIkAziJciti
sAkumA puNya zlOkamA mAku (yevaru)
|Is it fair to deceive me without coming? |
Why this unconcern? Why this disgust in my case, O Rama!
O Full-moon Faced! I loved You;
Please fulfil my desire; O Celebrated Lord!
zrIzAri3 gaNArAtiviShow Details
nAdAza teliyaka pOtivi
nava kAzamA5 swaprakAzamA mAku (yevaru)
|O Consort of Lakshmi! O Destroyer of multitude of enemies! |
But, You have failed to take note of my desire;
O Lord worshipped by Varuna/Siva! O Lord who protected Lord Siva!
O Lord whose hue is like fresh flower of wild sugar-cane! O self-effulgent one!
rAjA bigu nIkElarAShow Details
tyAgarAjArcita tALa6 jAlarA rAma
I jAlamu sEya rAja
brOva saGkOcamA sura bhUjamA mAku (yevaru)
|O King! Why this rigidity for You? |
One worshipped by Thygaraja! I am unable to bear, Rama!
Do You consent for this procrastination or deception?
Are You hesitating to protect me? O Wish-Tree!
- General – In some books, the anupallavi is given as part of pallavi – there is no separate anupallavi.
- 1savana – sava - Both generally mean same thing.
- 2rAka nannEca – rAka ninnEca : rAka nannEca - seems to be appropriate.
- 5nAva kAzamA – nA prakAzamA : nava kAzamA - seems to be appropriate.
- 6tALa jAlarA rAma – tALa jAlarA rAja
- In Tamil dictionary, ‘kAsAmbU mEnNiyan’, ‘kAsAmbU vaNNan’ are given as epithets of Vishnu. This means ‘Lord whose hue is like that of flower of kAsa. nANal means ‘grass’.
- 3ari gaNa arAtivi – this may also mean six internal enemies (SaDripu) – kAma, krOdha, lObha, mOha, mada, mAtsarya.
- 4ApagEzArcita – Worshipped by Varuna – Lord of rivers. However, Lord Siva at Thiruvaiyaru is also known as ‘paJcApagEza’ – ‘Lord of five rivers’.
- Nedanuri Krishnamurthy (mp3)