ipuDaina nanu talacinArA svAmiShow Details
1kRpaku pAtruDanani kIrtiJcinArA
|Has my Lord thought of me atleast now? Did He laud me to be fit for His grace?|
daya cEsi nA mATalella nAShow Details
tallitO palikina 2kolla
nayamuga viNTi 3mI valla nEDu
nA manasunanentO callanAye (i)
|I listened with fervour the loot of all words spoken about me by the Lord compassionately with my Mother; today, because of You, it has became very cool in my mind. |
unnata dayakAsakoNTi nEnuShow Details
kannulAra mimu kaNTi nEDu
karNAmRtapu mATa viNTi svAmi (i)
|I aspired for the highest (form of) grace; I had been undergoing sufferings; today I beheld You as a feast to my eyes; I heard words which are nectarine to my ears; has my Lord thought of me atleast now?|
4palu rUpamulu tAnu bUni nannuShow Details
bAdhiJci vEDka jUcina
palumAru nannu Ecina 5puNya
pApamu hari centa kAniyEmandu (i)
|Even if the Lord watches the fun by afflicting me assuming various forms, and/or even if he deceives me many times, all the merits and demerits are with Lord hari only; what else can I say? |
bhUmini puTTaga lEnu bhUyOShow Details
bhUyO harini namminAnu
tAmasamunu tALa lEnu vara
tyAgarAjAptuDu 6madi lOnu (i)
|I shall not be born in the Earth again and again; I have believed Lord hari; I am not able to withstand the delay; has my Lord – the benefactor of blessed Thyagaraja - thought of me in His mind atleast now? |
- 1kRpaku pAtruDan(a)ni kIrtiJcinArA - In some books this is given as anupallavi.
- 3mI valla – In all the books it is given as ‘nI valla’. The addressing of sage Narada by Prahlada in Charanam 2 is as ‘mimu kaNTi’. Therefore, in this Charanam also, it should be ‘mI valla’.
- 6madi lOnu –this is how it is given in all the books. However, it should be ‘</lipi>madi lOna</lipi>’.
- This Kriti forms part of dance-darama Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam.
- 2kolla – This word means ‘plenty’, ‘plunder’, ‘loot’. As it stands, the word should qualify ‘nayamuga’ (kolla nayamuga). However, in that case, the word ‘palikina’ is left alone and the sentence cannot be translated properly (unless it is ‘palikinadi’). Therefore, it has been joined with ‘palikina’ - ‘palikina kolla’ – meaning ‘the loot of mentioning’. The very mention of about him (Prahlada) by the Lord to Mother (Lakshmi) is considered as a ‘loot’ by Prahlada.
- 4pala rUpamulu tAnu bUni – This indicates the state of mind of Prahlada that he did not see anyone other than the Lord in any of the forms – be it His father or others who participated in tormenting him; same is the case with the methods adopted - like poisoning etc - to torment him. This is substantiated by the ensuing statement that ‘puNya pApamu hari centa gAni’.
- 5puNya pApamu hari centa – All the merits and demerits are with the Lord. This is the act of surrender (zaraNAgati) as described in Srimad-Bhagavad-Gita, Chapter 18-
- sarva dharmAnparityajya mAmEkaM zaraNaM vraja |
ahaM tvA sarva pApEbhyO mOkSayiSyAmi mAzuca: || 66 ||
- "Relinquishing all Dharma take refuge in Me alone; I will liberate thee from all sins; grieve not.” (Translation by Swami Swarupananda)
|Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam (Drama) of Tyagaraja|