rAmAbhirAma raghurAma O rAmaShow Details
|O Delightful Lord Rama! O Lord Raghurama! O Rama!|
1tAmasamulEla sItA manO-ramaNa (rAma)Show Details
|O Delighter of the mind of Sita! Why this delay? |
1. 2paga sEyuTEla nApAla nIduShow Details
vagalEla viDa jAlavu gajEndra pAla (rAma)
2. nI sommu nEnaDuga lEdu niNDu
mOsamau prapaJcamandAsa lEdu (rAma)
3. Asa nIyeDa tanaku pOdu nija
dAsa rakSaka ninu vinA gatiyu lEdu (rAma)
4. nI sari samAnamevarilalO rAma
nIraja daLAkSa cikkitirA nI valalO (rAma)
5. 3kallalADani teliya lErA nI
valla nErumu kAni nE nIku vErA (rAma)
6. zrI pati nanu marava tagunA idi
pApamE kAni eDabAya 4manasagunA (rAma)
7. AjAnu bAhu karamIrA 5zrI tyAga-
rAjuni bhavAbdhi 6dATiJci paramIrA (rAma)
|1. O Protector of Gajendra! Why are you showing enmity towards me? Why don’t You leave aside Your tricks? |
2. I did not seek Your property; I do not have desire for this very bad universe.
3. O Protector of true devotees! My love towards You will not abate; I have no refuge other than You.
4. O Lord Rama! O Lotus petal Eyed! Who is equal to You in this World? I am caught in Your snare.
5. I did not know that You are a liar or fraud; the fault is because of You; otherwise, am I alien to You?
6. O Consort of Lakshmi! Is it proper for You to forget me? It is indeed my sin; otherwise, will ever my mind agree to be separated from You?
7. Give me Your hand of arms extending upto knees; bestow emancipation by taking this Thyagraja across the Ocean of Worldly Existence.
- 1tAmasamulEla – tAmasamyEla
- 2paga sEyuTEla nApAla – paga sEyuTella nApAlA : paga sEyuTEla nApAla - is more appropriate because the meaning derived in the books is 'why are You showing enmity towards me'.
- 5zrI tyAgarAjuni – tyAgarAjuni
- 6dATiJci – tADiJci : dATiJci - is the approppriate word.
- This kriti forms part of dance-drama 'Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam' . In this kriti, Prahlada yearns for the Lord to manifest.
- Charana 5 is not found in all books.
- 3kallalADani – In the books, this has been translated as ‘fraudulent’. From the form of the word this should be split as ‘kallalADu+ani’. However, ‘kallalADu’ does not translate as ‘fraudulent’. The nearest word for ‘cheat’, ‘liar’ etc is ‘kallari’ or 'kallarIDu'. It is not known whether this has been derived from ‘kallala+vADu’.
- 4manasagunA - This may be applied to the Lord also. In that case, it will be translated as 'Would it be agreeable to your mind to be separated from me?"
|Prahlada Bhakti Vijayam (Drama) of Tyagaraja|